Map Email
Helton Law Firm, PLLC

April 2017 Archives

Going to court for child custody modifications

Tennessee parents who have gone through a divorce and who have a child custody order might need to get a modification at some point. Before going to court about changing a custody agreement, parents might want to first try working out an arrangement themselves and turning to a mediator if this is unsuccessful. However, there are circumstances in which it may be necessary for a court to intervene.

What to do when a custody hearing is necessary

Tennessee parents who are getting a divorce must also work out custody and visitation. They might be more satisfied with a plan they negotiate themselves, but this is not always possible. Therefore, they may need to prepare for a custody hearing. They might need to hire an attorney, and they should go into the hearing with an understanding of custody laws.

Child support and garnishments in Tennessee

If someone is obligated to pay child support, it is essential that they keep up with their payments. This is because there are a number of types of income that can be garnished to pay back child support. Along with someone's regular wages, a person's disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income can be garnished if they aren't making child support payments on time.

Contact the Helton Law Firm, PLLC. for a FREE Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Evaluate My Case

622 Georgia Avenue Suite 102 Chattanooga, TN 37402 Toll Free: 866-577-4339 Phone: 423-825-9725 Fax: 423-265-3101 Chattanooga Law Office Map